Saturday, June 16, 2012

I'm Home!

After 16 days, I am finally back home! It seems SO much longer than just over two weeks.

Surgeon says my incisions and legs are healing well and if everything goes well, I don't have to go back for a month. Still lots of bruising but they are starting to fade too. Moving slow and trying to get back into my routine, but I am home and that is a huge step towards recovery.  Thank you to the doctors, nurses, techs, and therapists at Iowa Methodist Hospital for the excellent care.

Thank you so much to everyone for the visits, cards, donations, well-wishes, flowers, and your thoughts and prayers!

Part of the recovery process will be finding a new van that will be accessible for me. If anyone knows of an accessible ramp van for sale, please contact me. My preference is a van that I can eventually modify with hand controls so that I will be able to drive again, but for now just a ramp and tie-down locations are what is needed. Due to the high cost, this will be a van that I will need to keep for a long time - so a newer model, low mileage, and in generally good condition is what we are hoping to find (unless someone wants to cut me a great deal on an MV-1!).  We will consider any offer though.

Thank you again to everyone that donated to my recovery fund.  This means a lot to me and my family!  We feel very blessed to have such kind and generous people in our lives.  As of now, we are still in hiatus, so the donations are really beneficial. The insurance companies are battling it out and we are still not sure what is going to be covered.  Donations are still very much appreciated (please see info at the end of this post). Thank you for all your patience as we deal with this situation and are unable to update everyone as frequently as we would like.

Please feel free to pass this info/blog to anyone that we may have missed or might be interested in helping.  We are truly grateful for everyone that has helped us in any way.

Angie Plager and Family


Donations can be given by mail or by clicking the donate button below:

Angie Plager Recovery Fund
32541 585th Ave
Cambridge, IA 50046-8568




No comments:

Post a Comment