Saturday, July 7, 2012

Recovering at Home

It has now been three weeks since I've been home from the hospital. It feels good to be at home. Overall, each day I get a little more endurance and I feel like I'm healing more and more. However, I won't know my official progress until I see my surgeon and get x-rays done on Thursday, July 12th. After my x-rays, my surgeon will tell me what the next steps are and whether I can start physical therapy on my legs or not.
I'll let you all know what happens after July 12th.

Even though I'm not quite able to get back into my regular crazy busy life, just yet (as I am not able to drive yet), I am still staying busy remotely (at home). Email and cell phones are a wonderful thing!  I'm able to communicate with the other Spinal Cord Injury Association of Iowa board members, as we continue to plan our 8th annual sports and recreation event on August 18th.


"Slow and steady wins the race".  That basically sums it all up. I'm slowly but steadily healing, regaining energy, and getting back into my volunteering and working activities.

Thank you for being a part of my life!
Angie

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing better, Angie! Rest up & take it easy for a bit! We keep praying for you!
    Love,
    Jessica Villardi-Paxton

    ReplyDelete