Tuesday, August 21, 2012

THANK YOU!

For those of you who have given a donation to my Recovery Fund....
I thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Your donations allowed me to put a down payment on a new ramp van for me!!  Although it's not a brand new vehicle, it is new to me!  We purchased a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan that has already been converted with a ramp and chair restraints.
My new van!
This has allowed me to attend church, go to doctor appointments, go to a visitation for a distant relative (unexpectedly), attend a good friend's wedding reception, visit friends in the hospital who had babies, and just be able to get out into public and hang out with my family & friends!  Being out with other people truly helps me keep my energy and endurance level up (to a point, too many people or too much activity turns into exhaustion).


Your donations also purchased an EZ Lock system on the front passenger side of my van!  This allows my chair to lock into place where the front passenger seat would normally be, allowing me to sit up front instead of having to be tied down in the center with wheelchair tie-down straps. The lock system is also a safer way to ride.
View from backseat of van, I lock in on front passenger side.











Due to the lengthy and pending insurance investigation of our nine car accident, we try to remain patient while waiting for progress. We still don't know when or how we will replace my wheelchair or hand controls for my van, that were also totaled in the accident.


Again, I THANK YOU for all of your contributions!
Angie

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you finally have a wheelchair-accessible van, Angie. True, you can visit your family and friends any time of the day, without the hassle of manually lifting your wheelchair to the van. It's so nice that a lot of people helped you with your recovery fund. I hope you're doing well. =)

    ReplyDelete